- Jupiters Casino Gold Coast Australia
- Restaurants Near Jupiter's Casino Gold Coast City
- Restaurants In Jupiters Casino Gold Coast
- The Star Casino Gold Coast
Book now at 84 restaurants near Jupiters Hotel & Casino on OpenTable. Explore reviews, photos & menus and find the perfect spot for any occasion. Get together in restaurants and bars designed for socialising and celebrating. Head on out and glide down the coast with ease on the light rail and discover the best things to see and do in Surfers Paradise and beyond. Blend me-time with us-time at voco ® Gold Coast; the perfect Gold Coast hotel for family holidays, romantic getaways.
|The Star Gold Coast|
|Location||Gold Coast, Queensland|
|Address||Broadbeach Island, Broadbeach|
|Opening date||November 1985 (dry run)|
February 1986 (official)
|No. of rooms||592|
|Total gaming space||65,000 sq ft (6,000 m2)|
|Signature attractions||Jupiters Theatre|
|Owner||Star Entertainment Group|
|Previous names||Conrad Jupiters, Jupiters Hotel & Casino|
|Renovated in||2006, 2012, 2017|
|Coordinates||28°01′54″S153°25′44″E / 28.031607°S 153.428750°ECoordinates: 28°01′54″S153°25′44″E / 28.031607°S 153.428750°E|
The Star Gold Coast (formerly Jupiters Hotel and Casino) is a casino and hotel located in the suburb of Broadbeach on the Gold Coast in Queensland, Australia. The casino, which was Queensland's first, is situated next to the Nerang River and is operated by Star Entertainment Group. It opened in February 1986 as Conrad Jupiters. In 2017 it was rebranded as The Star, Gold Coast.
One per cent of the casino's gross gaming revenue is deposited in the Gambling Community Benefit Fund. This fund was established in 1987, supports non-profit community-based groups and is administered by the Government of Queensland.
The seven acre complex includes eight bars, seven restaurants, conference facilities, a ballroom, theatre, health spa and gym. The hotel, with 592 rooms, stands 66 metres (216 feet) and has 21 floors. The complex is governed under the Jupiters Casino Agreement Act.
Jupiters Theatre underwent a $20 million makeover and expansion and re-opened in June, 2012. The redevelopment of the theatre resulted in the capacity more than doubling to accommodate 2,000 seated or 2,300 general admission guests and the theatre viewing experience will be improved through state-of-the-art technologies and architecture.
The theatre redevelopment includes the creation of a balcony level with up to 300 seats, VIP Hospitality rooms for pre- and post-event functions, new bars on the balcony and orchestra level, new toilets on the balcony and orchestra level, purpose built integrated movie projection booth, multi-purpose mechanical thrust stage, the enhancement of disability access to all areas, and increased dressing room space.
In 2008, Jupiters ceased producing shows in-house and now presents international shows such as Mother Africa, ABBA Revival, Burn The Floor, Dance of Desire, and STOMP.
Conrad Jupiters Casino opened on 22 November 1985. It was included in the November 2003 merger of Jupiters with Tabcorp In April 2010 it was rebranded as Jupiters Hotel & Casino. In 2011 it became part of Echo Entertainment Group when Tabcorp listed its casino assets.
Jupiters Hotel & Casino made headlines in 1995 when then Brisbane Broncos Rugby League player Julian O'Neill urinated on the carpet under a black jack table on two separate occasions. Both Jupiters Hotel & Casino and the Treasury Casino in Brisbane were used for money laundering by welfare recipients on behalf of organised crime syndicates, from May 2006 to November 2007.
Between 1993 and 2001, the casino was defrauded of $5.7 million when corrupt casino staff and food suppliers fabricated food orders and invoices. In 2009, a court heard that senior management tried to prevent a proper investigation and that the police major fraud squad became involved in 2003.
In 2008, security staff at the casino and other venues took part in a trial of head mounted cameras which were worn over the ear. The devices were used to record video and audio evidence of incidents and raised privacy concerns due to a lack of laws regarding their use. In 2009, Office of Gaming acting executive director Barry Grimes criticised the casino's internal controls and procedures relating to excluded persons gaining entry to the casino.
The complex underwent renovations in 2006. $53 million was spent on refurbishment of the casino. The two gaming floors are now one and the size is just over double of what it was. Level Two became the brand new Gold Club room. A new restaurant, balconies, and two new bars were included in the renovation. By 2008, 442 of the hotel rooms were completely refurbished at the cost of $16 million. The hotel front office and lobby bar were also renovated.
In August 2015, work commenced on a $345 million redevelopment of the casino including the construction of a 17 storey tower.
- ^From Jupiters to the Star and beyond: Gold Coast's casino turns 30Archived 7 November 2015 at the Wayback MachineBrisbane Times 5 November 2015
- ^'About us: Jupiters Casino Community Benefit Fund'. The State of Queensland (Queensland Treasury). Archived from the original on 19 February 2011. Retrieved 24 September 2010.
- ^Lucy Ardern (22 October 2010). 'Jupiters plans bypass council'. goldcoast.com.au. News Limited. Archived from the original on 25 October 2010. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- ^Suzanne Simonot (25 August 2011). 'Jupiters Theatre in for $20m makeover'. goldcoast.com.au. News Limited. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- ^Jupiters Casino and Resort to get new name as part of redevelopmentGold Coast Bulletin 28 August 2015
- ^ abJupiter's, Queensland's first casino, marks 30th anniversaryArchived 9 August 2016 at the Wayback MachineABC News 23 November 2015
- ^Former Jupiters investorsArchived 25 March 2016 at the Wayback Machine Tabcorp
- ^Conrad Treasury Brisbane and Conrad Jupiters Gold Coast RebrandArchived 30 June 2016 at the Wayback MachineSpice News 30 March 2010
- ^Daniel Sankey (15 September 2008). 'Broncos bad boys'. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 26 November 2009. Retrieved 25 January 2008.
- ^Greg Stolz (12 August 2009). 'Jupiters Casino staff in scam case'. The Courier-Mail. Queensland Newspapers. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- ^Samantha Healy (13 July 2008). 'Nightclub head-cam concerns'. The Sunday Mail. Queensland Newspapers. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- ^Patrick Lion (11 July 2009). 'Queensland casinos 'use rewards to lure back problem gamblers''. news.com.au. News Limited. Archived from the original on 30 January 2010. Retrieved 7 February 2012.
- ^ abShannon Molloy (21 August 2008). 'Conrad Jupiter's $16m facelift'. Brisbane Times. Fairfax Media. Archived from the original on 2 December 2008. Retrieved 8 August 2010.
- ^Construction Starts on $345 Million Gold Coast Jupiters Casino ExpansionUrban Developer 17 August 2015
Media related to Jupiters Hotel and Casino at Wikimedia Commons
Broadbeach Island,4218Gold Coast
Located in the heart of Broadbeach on Australia's Gold Coast, The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast is set amongst 7 acres of landscaped gardens and parklands.
The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast features a wide range of restaurants and bars and a 24/hour casino. Guests can enjoy a swim in the outdoor pool.
All rooms feature individual climate control, cable TV and an in-room safe. Each room has a work desk with high speed broadband or wireless internet, plus movie and gaming channels on the flat-screen TV.
Guests can take a short stroll to the shops and restaurants of Broadbeach. The beach is only a 10-minute walk from The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast.
When would you like to stay?
Facilities of The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast
- WiFi available in all areas
Jupiters Casino Gold Coast Australia
- Golf course (within 3 km)
- Movie nights
- Live music/performance
- Live sport events (broadcast)
Food & Drink
- Room service
- Breakfast in the room
- Snack bar
- Special diet menus (on request)
- Vending machine (drinks)
- Kid meals
Pool and wellness
- Fitness centre
- Pool/beach towels
- 24-hour front desk
- Express check-in/check-out
- Currency exchange
- Ticket service
- Luggage storage
- ATM/cash machine on site
- Concierge service
Entertainment and family services
- Evening entertainment
- Children television networks
- Dry cleaning
- Ironing service
- Trouser press
- Daily housekeeping
- Meeting/banquet facilities
- Business centre
- Gift shop
Restaurants Near Jupiter's Casino Gold Coast City
- Shops (on site)
- Non-smoking rooms
- Facilities for disabled guests
- VIP room facilities
- Non-smoking throughout
- Air conditioning
- Designated smoking area
Safety & security
- Safety deposit box
- 24-hour security
- Security alarm
- Smoke alarms
- CCTV in common areas
- CCTV outside property
- Fire extinguishers
- Staff follow all safety protocols as directed by local authorities
- Hand sanitizer in guest accommodation and key areas
- First aid kit available
- Physical distancing rules followed
Cleanliness & disinfecting
- Use of cleaning chemicals that are effective against Coronavirus
- Linens, towels and laundry washed in accordance with local authority guidelines
Food & drink safety
- Physical distancing in dining areas
- Food can be delivered to guest accommodation
- All plates, cutlery, glasses and other tableware have been sanitized
- Delivered food is securely covered
WiFi is available in all areas and is free of charge.
Free public parking is possible on site (reservation is not needed).
Policies of The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast
These are general hotel policies for The Star Grand at The Star Gold Coast. As they may vary per room type; please also check the room conditions.
Restaurants In Jupiters Casino Gold Coast
From 14:00 hours
Until 11:00 hours
Cancellation / Prepayment
Cancellation and prepayment policies vary according to property type.
The Star Casino Gold Coast
Children and extra beds
Free!Up to two children under 6 years stay free of charge when using existing beds.
Free!One child under 3 years stays free of charge in a child's cot/crib.
One older child or adult is charged AUD 50 per night in an extra bed.
The maximum number of extra beds in a room is 1.
The maximum number of total guests in a room is 3.
The maximum number of children's cots/cribs in a room is 1.
Any type of extra bed or child's cot/crib is upon request and needs to be confirmed by management.
Supplements are not calculated automatically in the total costs and will have to be paid for separately during your stay.
Live Poker: Adrian Mateos does it again: 11: December 23rd, 2019 4:54 AM: Poker News and Events: Adrian-Eugen Constantin won the 888poker Live London. Adrian mateos poker online. Remko Rinkema - May 29, 2020 Adrian Mateos has added his name to the column of winners during the Super High Roller Bowl Online Series by taking down the $25,000 No Limit Hold’em Event #17 for $527,510. Mateos beat Seth Davies heads up and vaults into ninth on the overall standings. Adrian ‘Amadi017’ Mateos once again underlined his supreme artistry in the field of No Limit Hold’em multi-table tournaments (MTTs), by taking down two World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) titles on PokerStars last week. Adrian Mateos is a famous poker player from San Martin de la Vega, Spain. He earned more than USD 21,384,436.00 in his poker carreer with poker live tournaments alone. Cash Games not included. His last public game was in 13-Mar-2020 where he finished as 5 in the $ 250,000 No Limit Hold'em - Super High Roller Bowl event in partypoker LIVE - partypoker MILLIONS Sochi Super High Roller Series, Sochi.
Pets are not allowed.
When booking more than 10 rooms, different policies and additional supplements may apply.
Accepted credit cards
- UnionPay credit card
- Diners Club
- American Express
The property reserves the right to pre-authorise credit cards prior to arrival.
Please note that there is a 1% charge when you pay with a credit card.
Please note that all hotel rooms are non-smoking, however designated smoking areas are available throughout the property.
See all reviews