Office of Community Development
Sponsorship/Donation Request Guidelines
All requests must be submitted in writing by United States Postal Service or alternate parcel and include the following:
- The full legal name of your organization
- A brief description of your organization
- The nature of your request (sponsorship, financial contribution, in-kind donation, etc)
- The name and date of the upcoming event in which you are requesting support for
- The organizations W-9 form (version revised Oct. 2018)
- Your contact information (address, e-mail address and phone number)
- If you are proposing a sponsorship, please also highlight any benefit opportunities received for the sponsorship
- Any other additional information we might find helpful in reviewing the request
Sycuan’s review process can typically take between 3-4 weeks and you will receive a written response at the conclusion of the review period. Should your event date fall within that window, please keep us in mind for future projects.
*Please note, appointments to meet are not typically scheduled unless we determine more information is necessary beyond what is detailed in the written application.
We look forward to reviewing your request.
Please address your written correspondence to:
Community Development Manager
Sycuan Casino Resort
5485 Casino Way
El Cajon, CA 92019
Dear Valued Guest,
Royal River Casino and Hotel donates to many local charities and benefits. In fact, Royal River, which is owned by the Flandreau Santee Sioux Tribe, has donated a total of $72,562.43 from 2011-2015. Here are some of the places we’ve donated to in 2015:
Flandreau Public School
Moody County ICAP Headstart Program
Moody County Bread Basket
Moody County American Cancer Society
And many more…
Outside of Flandreau:
South Dakota State University
Dakota State University
South Dakota Pork Producers Council
Brookings Humane Society
Sioux Falls Area Humane Society
El Riad Shrine Circus
Sertoma Butterfly House
Paralyzed Veterans of America
Great Plains Zoo
Sanford Walleye Classic
Special Olympics of South Dakota
SD Freedom Hunts
SD Habitat for Humanity
Lac Qui Parle Pheasant Forever
And many more…
Casino Queen Donation Request Letter
Royal River Casino and Hotel cares and wants to strive to help our local community in which our property is located. We also support charitable giving opportunities.
Blind valet poker. Our donation giving focuses primarily on:
- Native American Functions and Fundraisers for children, elders, family
- Disease Prevention Efforts—cancer, diabetes
- Domestic Violence Support Groups
- Support for Local Arts-Native American Arts or emphasis on Children’s Art Programs.
- Elderly and Veterans Group, Charities, VFW Chapters
- Local and Regional Sporting events
Royal River Casino and Hotel support non-profit charities, that are located in the same communities as our properties are located, but Royal River Casino and Hotel will not support:
- Organizations that practice discrimination based on race, creed, color, sex, age and/or national origin.
- Organizations that primarily serve their own membership or self-donation requests.
- Organizations requesting food donations.
- Requests for Royal River Casino and Hotel logo items or in-kind gifts where minors are present (school events, church events, proms, graduation parties, etc.)
Process of Donation Requests
Our donations committee reviews all requests for donations on a monthly basis and ensures that each request is carefully considered and compared to our donation guidelines. They will also be reviewed in the order they are received. We ask that all donations are completed on the form below and faxed, scanned for email, or mailed attached with a flyer of the fundraiser/event, to the number or address listed below. Please submit donations 3 weeks prior to the event. We will accept last-minute requests but won’t guarantee its approval. We also ask that if you are approved for a donation, that Royal River Casino + Hotel is properly advertised as donating to your event, function, etc. If our logo is needed, please contact the number below, and ask for donations. We will email the requester a version of our most updated logo. You will receive a notification as to whether or not we can honor your donation request.
*Any requests wanting sponsorships will be reviewed carefully, but won’t guarantee approval. We thank you for contacting Royal River Casino and Hotel for your donation needs.
Royal River Casino and Hotel
Casino Queen Donation Request Template
C/o Donations Committee
PO Box 326
Flandreau, SD 57028